Wednesday 24 July 2013

First Day of the Summer Holidays

Bear woke me up at 6.39 this morning.  Mummy staying in bed until 7am seems to be a mythical hope.  What is worse is that bear had already made his own breakfast.  So I had a shed load of guilt before 7am as well as trying to wake up while finding out for bear when Charles Dickens died (bear needed to know it now and I was far too sleep befuddled to argue).  I don't think bear approves of me sleeping in a bed but I am absolutely desperate.

So I cleaned up the cereal from the stairs, then mopped up the bubble mixture from the carpet, then scraped the face paint up from the bathroom and finally started to relax around 9.30am.

We have ants in the kitchen again and currently trees in the porch - darling father's damson and apple tree have arrived and he is putting them worryingly close to the house.

Forty one days to go.

2 comments:

ravylesley said...

Sybs you need to relax.School holidays are great fun and a wonderful time to spend real quality things with the Tinies.We are on day 3 and loving it.I will be sad when it is over but hopefully if the weather holds I will be returning four brown as a berry children back to school with lots of tales of what we got up to during the hols and it doesnt have to involve spending money

Wannabe Sybil said...

You are absolutely right! Mind you, I suspect I will relax more with more sleep - still trying to convince bear. WS xxx