Friday 19 July 2013

I need to pay more attention

Yesterday a car went on fire just a few hundred yards from my home.   Looking at Google maps it's around 120 metres between the patch of burnt tarmac and my front door.  It was apparently a fireball and traffic was gridlocked.

I missed it completely.  I have form for missing out on exciting events, like when there were police dogs searching the street for armed robbers about ten years ago.  I completely missed those as well and I love watching police dogs.

I took my phone out to get a picture, but the camera isn't working.  Before it shut down, however, I managed to get a nice picture of some privet flowers.


Around here privet usually comes out in nice time for Wimbledon, but it's a bit late.  I also got a picture of some berries that look almost autumnal (but I think they are actually on schedule as they are flowering almond berries)


So you will just have to imagine burnt tarmac, burnt fencing that is almost to ashes and a quantity of smoke damage to a '40' sign that has completely hidden the number on the sign.  All of this I missed.  Mind you, bear has only just noticed that we have new curtains and they have been up months.

Darling uncle has a blockage in one of his arteries in his leg, and it looks like it will not be possible to operate for various reasons.  If they cannot operate then he can look forward to more infections and potentially losing a leg.  I am a bit worried.  He seems to be doing well.  I hope they find a way to operate.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

I don't think you are as bad as us - the morning after our first night in our very first home together, a man dropped dead by our gate, and we slept through the ambulance and everything! We were pretty exhausted though...

Wannabe Sybil said...

Morgan - that is impressive! WS xxx