Saturday 11 December 2010

Knitting gets me cross

I bought a knitting magazine - I should not have bought this magazine as it is an anti clutterbust move and spends money, but there was a rather nice man's sweater on the cover. I quite liked the pattern, you cast on eg thirty stitches, then increase into every stitch for the first row, then knit two together, purl two together etc for the second and repeat. I am already planning on trying it on a scarf. However it is heavy on the wool and for darling uncle it would take @ 1950g of yarn, which is a lot.

The yarn that they recommend is £7.95 for 100g. Give or take, that sweater would cost £150 - one hundred and fifty pounds!!!! Actually I think it justifies even more exclamation marks!!!!!!!

One hundred and fifty pounds. Or just under two months council tax (maybe one and a half months when next year's bill comes).

I remember when knitting was a way of getting affordable warm clothes.

Morgan - I am glad that you are feeling better, I hope you get plenty of rest. I have finished the pompom scarf and will post a picture as soon as I can remember where my camera is. Let me know how the cancan goes. Hester also recommends this. Actually, I shouldn't buy any more yarn, but who am I kidding.

Little bear continues. He had me totally blindsided this evening, as I ended up in an indepth discussion about the ownership of a sheet of reward stickers (he did a wee in his potty!) Finally I chased him upstairs for bedtime, and as he started up he gave me a cheeky grin - and handed me the remote that he had hidden under his top. I never even saw it disappear there, he managed to misdirect me and stash it.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

I'm afraid that £150 isn't even a full month's council tax in a band D house here, as we are.....