Friday 3 December 2010

Self indulgent grumble

I wanted to get the Novel in November done - bang! That's gone. I would have had something of a chance even with the holiday, and I do feel bad about it, but stuff happens.

I wanted to Clutterbust and I wanted to work towards a cleaner, tidier house. Well I was getting back on track but I guess that is going to be fun now. I have just got more or less up to date with the washing. Guess how much ironing is heaped up and how much I am not looking forward to it. And I have done one double cupboard in the kitchen, and I have been baking, and now reaching into cupboards and lugging round sacks of rubbish do not appeal. Every time I get a little further I seem to slide back.

I am grossly overweight which has not been helped by the comfort eating I have been doing lately.

Something I haven't previously blogged about. I had planned to sell scarves on ebay. I have lots of scarves, they are relatively straightforward to knit, they can be done while I am twitchy and need something in my hands but they don't need the sort of concentration that stops me talking/playing/breaking off and helping little bear. I have two sacks of scarves. Being me they all need the ends sewing in and they are in an eclectic range, with mainly weird fur ones but also stripey, ribbed, ruffled and loopy. I 'play' with scarves. I have it all planned out and I was going to register as a business on ebay and as self employed (not that I expected to make much money but I wanted to do it properly). But I am certainly not up to the photographing, arranging, listing and - crucially - going to the Post Office in this weather. btw I had originally planned to get these listed at the beginning of November, just as the shoulder went. Perhaps next week...

I had finally had a decent bath, I love bubble baths! Now I am scared because getting out of the bath could be iffy. Back to unsatisfactory showers.

It could be worse. I am right handed and it is my left shoulder that is affected. I can touch type, though it is making my shoulder ache, and there is nothing life threatening wrong. So many people are in a worse place. I know that it is not really so bad. I can manage the ironing in short bursts, so I don't have an excuse, I can still move things further forward. However I am reserving the right to grumble.

The good side - I shall keep working on Digging up the Past, and I have ideas for a sequel to that!

4 comments:

Ian said...

Ok, let's take this point by point.

Stuff happens. You had a holiday, you're looking after 3 eccentric males and you dislocated your shoulder. Accept that sometimes you don't achieve your plans and let it go and move onto the next thing. The reasons that you didn't achieve your goal were out of your control and therefore you don't have to feel any guilt.

You have been clutterbusting. You've removed an awful lot of stuff already. It's just that it takes a while to get going and there's a fair bit of clutter to get rid of.

I would offer to come and help you with the ironing, but I hate it and I'm useless at it. I can just about manage a t-shirt. I'd help with the kitchen cupboards though. I've been doing something very similar myself and I find it very cathartic.

This is the wrong season in which to be losing weight. Mince pies and brandy butter alone can demolish any diet. I do the comfort eating myself. I just try to manage it as I have the type of brain that as soon as it says "you can't have something", it immediately wants it. Get OH to buy you a Wii Fit for Christmas.

The scarves idea sounds fantastic. However, you have a big family holiday coming up and many other things to do like your clutterbusting, etc. It's ok to postpone it. Besides, it'll be MUCH easier to run something like that once you've cleared out and get a good system in place. Besides, although now would be a good time to start selling scarves, at least the delay gives you time to get organised and set up ready for next winter.

Hope some of this helps?

Either way, sending lots n' lots n' lots of (careful) hugs.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Ian - thank you lots and lots. Really appreciate this WS x

Morgan said...

Amen to everything Ian said; he talks a lot of sense!

Ian said...

Awwwwww Morgan! I'm glad you think I was making sense. If only I could apply these things to myself. I think distance gives us perspective.

WS - I try my best. Occasionally I come up with something! More hugs!