Friday 10 December 2010

Little bear is good

Actually, despite the knitting incident, little bear has been really good today. We painted the decorations which have almost worked. We have cuddled and played. He has explained things to me (still no idea what he was saying, but he was very earnest). He has been a monster about my knitting, but I can deal with that. Really I should have been giving him attention and he is full of energy.

One breakthrough today - he is staying in his room even with the gate open, when asked. We may be able to get rid of the gate soon. I would much rather trust him. I have done all I can to make the kitchen safe. Actually I have done all I can to make the whole house safe, he is nearly four, it is time to trust him.

Also, for various non argument reasons, there is usually someone sleeping on the sofa which means that any wanderings are not likely to go unnoticed.

It is a big milestone though, and I have a little lump in my throat.

No comments: