Wednesday 22 August 2012

Food intolerance

I spent last night throwing up.  It wasn't pleasant.  Especially as I had managed to split a bag of bath salts and generously distribute the dratted, smelly stuff in every nook and cranny of the bathroom.  It didn't help.

I have been having a bad reaction regularly over the last few months and I think it may be cheese.  I have always had a vicious reaction to Low Fat Horlicks (imagine telling that to the doctors) and I suspect that it is getting worse. 

Last night we got a takeaway.  I thought that I would go for pasta, which was described as being in a pizza sauce.  It wasn't in the tomato sauce I expected, however, but a cream sauce, which I had anyway as there was no evidence of cheese.  It was an error of judgment.

So now I am going to try and persuade my GP to test for food intolerances (not enthusiastic) and I am bidding a very sad farewell to cheese.  I actually quite like cheese, it is a cheap food, great for stretching a budget and also it fills you up so that you don't eat so much and thus great for dieters.  I haven't had that much but with darling father around and little bear having cheese stuff for his lunches, I have been gradually upping my intake. I am devastated. 

And I now have to be so much more responsible about food.  I have to check packaging.  I did anyway as OH is intolerant to cheese, but now so many of my favourite things are being ruled out. I used to love a dish of pasta with just a wallop of ketchup and a large handful of grated cheese.  Never mind, I can still have the pasta and ketchup. 

Little bear is being lovely, however, and I am getting far more than my ration of cuddles.  This is great!

No comments: