Sunday 26 August 2012

Little bear got bored

Darling father presented little bear with one of those plaster bricks where you painstakingly scrape off the plaster to find plastic dinosaur bones inside.  He then went on holiday for a week.  Little bear is five and one half years old.  He got bored very quickly indeed and delegated it to me.  I don't have the energy.

So, there we are with this plaster brick with bits of plastic sticking out, sitting in the middle of one of my nicer dishes (thanks, darling father) and a complete lack of interest.  OH decides then to cut to the chase.  He picks it up and throws it hard repeatedly at my front steps.  However he doesn't realise that it isn't a complete skeleton in there, just some bones that have to be put together.  Poor OH was suddenly faced with a lot of plaster rubble and some parts that needed assembly - and some parts missing!  So then he and little bear were scratching at all the bigger lumps and squashing them and rubbing them against the concrete to see if any more small plastic pieces would show up.

Sigh.  My front steps look like they have been donkey stoned, I have almost a full glow-in-the dark tyrannosaur skeleton adorning the side table and I fully expect the ginger gentleman to turn up with the missing piece of the jaw claiming it as a legitimate trophy.  And darling father escaped all the tension.  Lucky him. 

I am getting a lot less tolerant of random toys for little bear, and remarkably less tolerant of random toys with lots of small pieces.  When little bear goes back to school I think it will be remarkable how many of these bits get 'eaten by mice'. 

No comments: