Wednesday 15 August 2012

What a way to wake up!

I was trying to get little bear into the school holiday club as a break for him - hopefully to see his friends and enjoy himself.  Mind you, everyone is a friend to little bear, he really charmed the gas fitter yesterday.

This week I could only get him into the club on Friday.  I was a bit disappointed as on one hand I wanted him to have fun and on the other hand the minor cold I am suffering from is making me very miserable.  I tried to contact by email, and they confirmed by email that there were no spaces.

This morning, head pounding and joints aching, I sort of surfaced when little bear came downstairs to announce he had dressed himself.  I managed to cheerfully praise him.  Dragged myself into some clothes, made little bear something to eat, and sort of slumped in front of the bbc website, trying to wake up. 

Then I had a phone call.  Why isn't little bear at the van ready for the out of school club?  What?  I grabbed a coat for little bear and belted out of the house with him, still wearing my slippers.  Little bear was dressed but had a mucky face and hadn't brushed his teeth.  Sigh. 

I went back and checked the email.  They definitely said he wasn't attending.  I didn't hallucinate it.  I am quite relieved about that, as I am not very sure about my sanity and any evidence of it is really welcome. 

So little bear is off.  I am going to make the most of this and relax. 

No comments: