Friday 31 August 2012

Great Mysteries of the Universe

For me, it's the central heating timer.  I have watched the central heating engineers re-set this for me several times.  They effortlessly push buttons, I have usually had little bear hanging off me, they smile, leave, and I can't adjust it again.  If I want it changed I need to pay the call out fee plus vat. 

I would also like to say that when I asked them how to change the batteries in the timer they said to just slide the cover off.  The cover doesn't slide.  Darling father prised it off with a screwdriver.  I think they were confusing the timer I should have had with the one I actually got. 

So I will be having one more go, then ringing up and paying up through gritted teeth.  I will probably save more than the call out fee if I get it changed to what I want (one degree cooler and about two hours less) but I wish I could just understand the timer.

(I've checked the manual (shows different timer) and I've checked online.  It hasn't helped.  It's just one of those mysteries of life.)

No comments: