Friday 17 August 2012

Reality check

I took a free online typing test last night, just to see.  I currently (after six years out of the workforce) average around 55 wpm at 97% accuracy.  Which is okay.  It would get me a job in a lot of offices. 

Except I can't seem to go a month without some sort of bug.  I am sick, or I have a bad cold (definitely not flu but definitely disgustingly gruesome), or I have some sort of ear infection or throat infection or chest infection. 

I got some test results from the Doctors today.  They tested liver/thyroid/kidney/diabetes/cholesterol/blood pressure etc.  I am grossly overweight but apart from that, all is normal.  Absolutely no clinical problem whatsoever. 

My feet are still so swollen I can't get on socks.

So I am going back for further tests for protein in my urine and heart failure.  I suspect that the Doctor is stalling as he is a bit baffled.  I can understand this.  However I do feel low, and I haven't even had the water tablets so I still can't get socks on.

And the thought of a job keeps nagging at me.  It makes absolutely no financial or logistical sense for me to go out to work, and lots of sense for me to try and get an ordered home and use my writing skills to up my income.  It means I am home when little bear is poorly, or it is raining, or he is fed up.  He gets tired if he has a full 8-6 day with the school plus school club, which is what he would need if I went back full time, and if I went part time I couldn't afford the holiday school club.  It makes no sense for me to get a job until I at least have a handle on my health.  I still would like one.  Sigh. 

I am going to have a self indulgent day, then pick myself up, dust myself down and keep on keeping on. Things could be a lot worse. 


No comments: