Saturday 25 August 2012

Must stop shopping!

I suspect I have used this post title before...

Little bear, OH and I popped into town to do a few bits and for little bear to buy something nice for OH.  OH promised to introduce me to a cafe they had found which was really nice.  It was also tucked away, just opposite the Leeds City Varieties.

It was lovely - a really nice, clean place which serves veggie and vegan food.  It had purple walls (which is not always a good sign) but lovely clean tables, tasty food, and an indulgent attitude to little bear, which always endears places to me.  It also had chocolate cake.  Chocolate cake is surprisingly low calorie when eaten next to little bear - he ate most of it!

Then after a not inexpensive snack little bear and I went shopping.  We were taking a short cut past Charbonnel et Walker and there was a note on their door for inexpensive chocolates, short dated.  So, nostalgic for the memory of the rose creams my grandmother used to get at Christmas, I got a half price bo that was very small for the cost.  As little bear was there, I also asked for two strawberry creams, as I didn't like to ask for just one.

TWO POUNDS AND TWENTY ONE PENCE FOR TWO CHOCOLATES!  I nearly told them to put them back!  Little bear has had one, and said it was very nice.  He will have the other later and then he will have a loooooong wait until the next one - possibly until he can buy his own.  Over one pound for a chocolate that is the size of a votive candle, though to be fair it probably tastes nice than a votive candle. 

Then we wandered into the market.  I bought a new sink drainer as I was fretting about getting my current wire one clean enough and a large bag of fresh peas for china chilo.  Those purchases, while I could have managed without, were unexceptional.  The trilby I accidentally bought for little bear (actually intended for darling father, but fitted little bear so well that I just accepted the inevitable) was less excusable.  Then another drink in the lovely cafe and little bear is now at soft play with his Dad.

I have seen a wastepaper bin I would love for the study.  The old one could perhaps do with replacing.  However I think I will try and hold off until after Christmas.  Actually, I need to hold off on practically everything until after Christmas. 

No comments: