Sunday 12 September 2010

Daren't say a word

Little bear has a scooter. He has almost managed to work it out. It does go something like, scoot, scoot, fall off, push, push, scoot, scoot. Little bear loves it, and insists on going to and from nursery 'on' it. Crossing roads has been hair raising and there have been a lot of drivers chuckling (thank goodness) as I have tried to get little bear plus scooter over the zebra crossing without taking silly amounts of time or getting squashed.

On the way home on Friday I carefully steered little bear past the parked cars and the removal van (and who parks a range rover at forty five degrees across a road, really?). We went past a sports car owned by the hairdresser boss. I was frantically keeping little bear plus scooter away from it as he hit the 'fall off' part of the cycle. And there, along the car, was a long, vivid scratch. It was just about the right height for little bear's handle bars.

Now I know it wasn't little bear, because apart from anything else his handle bars are padded. But we did get pretty close to the car. What if someone saw us? I know we didn't do it, but if I say something like 'look, we didn't make that scratch on your very expensive sports car' it is going to look a bit ingenuous, really.

I daren't say anything. I feel almost guilty because we may have looked like we had done it if someone saw us. I shall be scuttling past there for a bit.

No comments: