Thursday 2 September 2010

Ian - it is so odd about the park. When I was really bad a few years ago, and little bear was in his push chair, I couldn't physically get to the park in less than half an hour(if at all), though now (on a reasonable day) it takes less than fifteen minutes. However there is a play frame. Little bear LUBS the play frame and wants to run along and slide down the pole like Fireman Sam, you know, the pole that's at least eight foot high and a good two foot away from the main frame. Of course he can't, but I am not always able to stop him and I am not physically strong enough to catch him. So I have decided that for now, OH can take little bear to the park.

I plan to make walks to the local library a regular thing.

As for food, I do not know what the answer is.

Morgan - I really appreciated the hugs. I am seriously considering separate meal times, but that would be hard for OH. I have no problem in ignoring a tantrum.

Today is not a good day. I am v v v tired, but took little bear to the market to help tire him out. Looks like china chilo for tea, an expensive treat, but nice and cheaper than a take away.

China Chilo. Around a pint of shelled fresh peas (more or less), two lettuce, around 500g of lamb mince. I gently brown the lamb mince in huge amounts of butter the add the peas and the shredded lettuce with just the water clinging onto the shredded lettuce from washing (I don't dry too much) and simmer v gently for two hours. That's it, it tastes absolutely fantastic, but the fresh peas make it special, so it is a summer treat, and unless you grow them the peas can be expensive. I got them off the last stall in the market to have them, although they were selling them last week, so it looks like the last time I make it this year. Also lamb mince is not often on sale. Also you can add a few finely chopped spring onions, or some finely chopped mushroom, but you honestly don't need to. Just the lamb, the lettuce and the peas cooked together in plenty of butter. The recipe is from Eliza Acton's cookbook, published in 1847, and is really nice.

No comments: