Saturday 4 September 2010

Glorious Food

I asked darling father to bring in a sausage roll, as he was going past a sandwich shop when he bought his lottery tickets. I thought that I may, just may, be able to get something non sugary into little bear before he went to nursery.

I think little bear would have eaten more of the sausage roll if darling father hadn't shown him the (unasked for) chocolate eclair that he had for him...

I am really fretting about what little bear is eating. I just don't know how to get any sort of handle on it. A lot of the nonsense of the last two weeks is from when little bear was so ill he wouldn't eat chocolate and I tried anything and everything to coax food into him. I am not keen on little bear eating sausage rolls, but I pity the nursery workers that have to deal with a sugared up little bear with sleep issues.

And of course I don't tell off darling father, because he is my father, because I am confident it would have no effect, and because I don't want to set up a situation where little bear thinks he can play adults off against each other. However, it is darling father who is the most vocal in insisting little bear should not eat between meals... and then buys him chocolate 'because there's nothing to it...'

And breathe. I am going to be researching healthy lunch ideas, as I get stuck beyond sandwiches or cheese on toast.

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Lunch idea I used to give little children when I was childminding included soup with bread and butter; eggs in various forms: omelettes or scrambled eggs with toast were the favourites; beans on toast; cut up carrots, apples, grapes, peppers etc and some hummous for dipping; toasted sandwiches occasionally for a change from normal ones; pancakes; macaroni cheese; pasta shapes with either a plain tomato sauce or veg and tuna through it and perhaps a little dressing but often not; half a small jacket potato with beans and cheese.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

Hugs.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Little bear will eat (and has) a lot of these, so it is now a battle of wills...

I really appreciate those ideas, especially as I am feeding darling father as well a lot of the time, and these ideas will be great for him as well. WS x ps Thank you!

Morgan said...

Glad to be helpful! It was a tad more interesting back then for me as now it is a routine of sandwiches, fruit, perhaps a veg like carrot or peppers, a little treat - and that is the lunchbox routine most days. I am not allowed to vary the routine too much as they object, liking their favourites, although my baking has gained a good reputation amongst the EFG's friends and so I sometimes have to pack extra to share!!

LB is just being a typical little one, and you WILL get through this stage, frustrating as it seems.

How's The Forgotten Village coming along? I am keen to know how all turns out?

And did you know about National Novel Writing Month? Bang out 50,000 words in November and get a certificate to record your achievement. Google it - looks like fun!