Saturday 8 August 2009

Almost Stopping the Shopping

I popped in to our local pharmacy to get a prescription. On their counter was a huge temptation. Dettox hand wash, antibacterial, reduced from £1.99 to 50p. Apparently it was past the sell by date. There were half a dozen bottles on the counter.

How can soap go past a sell by date?

I bought one. This is not entirely brilliant because as soon as the current hand wash had run out I had planned to use basics shower gel instead (in an inexpensive but elegant pump dispenser, which I already possess) It would still be cheaper than the Dettox at 50p per bottle.

But it is good, because the Dettox looks really nice and (the bit I am most proud of) I only bought one! I seem to always be washing my hands - after changes, calls of nature, before food preparation, after mop ups etc, but the hand wash keeps going on and on. If I had bought the instinctive half dozen bottles I would have still been using it, no doubt, until after the Olympics.

No comments: