Wednesday 12 August 2009

Thinking about shopping

I love getting my shopping delivered. I don't get the grief dragging little bear around the supermarket or trying to lug lots of stuff home from the supermarket. £6.50, the maximum Mr Sainsbury charges, is less than it would cost for two shopping trips. to any of the major supermarkets near here. Because I have been silly about getting out it has also released so much anxiety.

Now that I am getting better and little bear is going to nursery twice a week, I am re-evaluating. When I drop him off at nursery once a week I could pop to the butchers a little further up (inexpensive, friendly and lovely stuff!). I already buy bread and a lot of sandwich meat locally. I could also pop to Makro a lot more, picking up such goodies as white vinegar.

I think I will keep getting the delivery, for the fresh fruit and veggies and the squash/pop/flavoured water. However I think I really need to look again at how and what I am cooking.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Pleased to hear that you are feeling more optimistic about getting out and about a little more. Perhaps LB spreading his wings at nursery is helping you too.

The only thing with shopping is that you have to watch you don't go too often, I am finding! A delivery once a week is a good discipline, whereas mooching round a shop can lead to all sorts of purchases!!

Hugs
Morgan
x

Wannabe Sybil said...

Morgan - you are absolutely right about things 'sort of accidentally being added in' during shopping. I have even found that visiting the local shops, but I am getting a bit more disciplined. And the running total as I shop is a great help to discipline!

Love WS x