Tuesday 4 August 2009

Poorly Little Bear

Little bear is not well. The green nose has dried up (thank goodness) but he is not his normal cheerful self. In fact, he is very low. He is spending lots of time just sitting around, mainly on me, and not really wanting to do anything. He has been a bit warm to the touch (actually it has been like a lovely hot water bottle on my lap!) and he is not really interested in food. Well, if it has chocolate he could force it down. There have also been some isolated pimple type things on his arms and legs, which I have provisionally called heat bumps.

Today I was concerned enough to call the doctor. Little bear had dropped a pencil, and instead of looking at me expectantly and starting the usual ten minute battle of who would pick it up, he burst into tears. Little bear hardly ever cries. I never know what to do. This time I gave an intensive cuddle and called the dr.

There was not a space for him to squidge in, the drs were rushed off their feet. So one of the nice drs, Dr G who is lovely, called me after surgery and took the details. Probably a virus, nothing to worry about, was his verdict.

I have spent a lot of the day cuddling him and trying to stop him bursting into tears, plus plenty of the baby nurofen, but I was heartened by something this evening. Little bear chased evil cat all round the room. Normally I give her an escape route, but she was moving at a trot rather than a maddened dash and when she crouched under a chair little bear was shrieking with delight and very gently and tentatively touching her. Then she would trot off to somewhere else and he would run happily shrieking after her.

Tomorrow evil cat gets tuna.

No comments: