Thursday 20 August 2009

Little bear stamps his foot

Little bear has a little step stool, extremely inexpensive from Netto, guaranteed to a ridiculous weight and he stands on it in his room. Usually he stands at the window, but he moves the stool around to suit himself.

Yesterday the approved food came as a wonderful early surprise. Little bear had just woken up and I was talking at the gate, then when I heard the knock on the door. It was the usual delivery driver, and I heard little bear take up his station on the stool at the window. He was jumping up and down and generally enjoying himself.

Well, I was about to start the usual chit chat about the weather when I heard a thump and a wail. Little bear was a very unhappy bear very suddenly. I think all mums have an instinct, and this was not a 'dropped the toy' sort of wail. This was a 'REALLY not happy' wail. I just said to the delivery man, 'fake my signature' and shot upstairs!

Little bear had bounced on the step stool once too often and it had broken. I think little bear had landed with a thump because he was just sitting next to the wreckage, absolutely devastated. So I picked him up and gave him a cuddle and brought him downstairs and gave him some more cuddles. He wasn't hurt, but he was desperately upset.

The delivery man, bless him, had left the parcel inside the house and shut the door.

Later on, when little bear had been visiting next door and had behaved badly I took him sternly home and told him he could stay in his room until his Dad got in. It was a whole fifteen minutes away and I needed that break. However it was not to be, as he once again saw the wreckage of the stool and was inconsolable.

No comments: