Saturday 15 August 2009

Good News, Bad News

The good news is that I am getting a new washer dryer. The bad news is that dear heart broke the door.

The washer machine was not very good to start with, and to be perfectly frank I am glad to see the back of the dratted thing. However, I didn't want to pay out for one just at this minute.

I am well aware that I am in an extremely fortunate position. Having been in the position of having to wash king sized duvet covers in the bath, I am not dismissive of the luxury of getting a new washer dryer almost immediately. But I didn't want to get it now. Darn. And really I am sure with wire and superglue and bits of string I could have eked the dratted machine out a little longer. And I could have, theoretically, got just a washer except I usually lose the fight to get a king sized duvet on the rotary washing line. I only tumble socks and bedding. But a bottom of the line Hotpoint washer dryer is arriving Wednesday.

Poor dear heart. If you had seen the trepidation with which he approached me with the bad news, your heart would have bled for him. What could I say - stuff happens. But please send virtual hugs for him, I think he needs them.

No comments: