Monday 10 August 2009

Shopping

I have bought some more books. I shouldn't have, but I did. I am almost tempted not to confess to dear heart but to hide them, and when he sees them on the shelf say, 'oh, that old thing!' as if I had been illicitly buying clothes. Clothes are not my downfall.

Dear heart's auntie has a serious clothes habit. Her husband wanted to put a shirt away, but the wardrobes in their room were full of auntie's clothes. As were the wardrobes of the sons (away at uni) and the wardrobe on the landing. I believe there was a Talk.

Here the sin is books, and we have shelf after shelf of them. I don't often get a chance to read them either. However I have purchased Food in Medieval Britain, Medieval Scandinavia and The Good Wife's Guide, the latter is a guide written by an elderly husband for his young wife in Paris, around the fourteenth century. I am not sure I will be following the recipes, though I may post some, as the one I opened at random included a recipe for a chicken coulis that included grinding the bones of the chicken and adding them back to the chicken! Not entirely sure about that.

I feel at such a loose end, I don't quite know what to do with myself, apart from worrying about dear heart who is struggling after this dratted swine flu. I think there is a possibility that I may read a book.

No comments: