Sunday 2 August 2009

Stop the Shop!

I am slipping seriously with the shopping. I have just bought some dvds for little bear. Now, I can justify spending less than £12 on three dvds (inclusive) for him. I found a dvd that darling uncle bought him randomly when he was six months old and I played it for him. It is the Cubeez, which are animated cubes designed to appeal to one to four year olds. They play games and illustrate shapes and colours. They tell 'jokes' - what is yellow and goes click? A ball point banana.

Little bear loves these Cubeez. His latest word is 'again' and he is very clear - he will watch the dvd again, mother, if you do not mind, thank you so much. Classic FM, Ceebeebies, Numberjacks - they all pale into insignificance when confronted with the awesome splendour that is four coloured cubes jumping up and down and asking what is green and goes camping? (a boy sprout).

It could be worse. Dear heart's neice had a 'thing' for Timmy Mallett and I am not sure that I would have survived that.

Fortunately I was outbid on a bundle of clothes. Little bear does not need clothes. He has tumbled heaps of clothes, drawers full of them, ironing baskets full of them - he will be clothed until he reaches the next size. Probably at the end of September at the earliest! He is not deficient in clothes, or toys, or dvds or anything. I need to stop the shopping.

I am desperately searching for something to set as my goal to have for staying off ebay, but nothing has done that so far. I need to have a long think.

No comments: