Wednesday 12 August 2009

Shopping

I have just had a delivery from Mr Sainsbury. It was one of the nice drivers, and we could have a chat. He joked that he was looking round for the rest of my order.

I had a think. Normally there are gallons of squash/pop/flavoured water/juice. But we had either a stockpile or I had decided to cut out a particular drink. So there were no bottles. I order a pack of 54 nappies two weeks out of three, and this week wasn't one of them. We don't get cat food from Sainsbury any more as evil cat gets special diet stuff. Darling father isn't visiting until next month so no alcohol. The freezer is bursting, I could barely fit in the pack of grills and the oven chips (looking to cut those down). We do not need any tins - I have sorted through the tin cupboard and good grief! We don't need any goodies, we have not got through the approved food we ordered nearly a month ago. Last week I ordered 10 packs of basics baby wipes (half price) so I am unlikely to need any more this side of All Saints Day.

So, two bags of fruit and veg, some butter and yoghurts and some dolphin friendly tuna in water for evil cat, together with a pack of baked beans. If there hadn't been an offer on parazone wipes (noted in my new price book) then I don't think I would have made the cutoff for reduced delivery.

I think that this is a Good Sign.

No comments: