Monday 17 August 2009

Little bear receives an invitation

Little bear has received an invitation to a little girl's birthday party. It is a Pink invitation, with Disney princesses on. It is someone in his nursery class, who I have dim recollections of having seen.

It is the first invitation of that sort we have received, and I looked at it as if it would bite. I can't really refuse, as it so good for little bear, and he is invited to attend a nearby soft play place, with date and time, RSVP.

Well, of course I will RSVP saying thank you very much of course little bear will come. Then I will obtain an inexpensive present, wrap it in pink paper with a pink bow, include a pink, and probably expensively Disney, card and then work out what little bear is to wear.

Most of little bear's clothes have come from ebay. This to me has been a perfect solution until today. He plays in his clothes, they wash, I don't fret about stains or the clothes being worn to rags. Until now I have not been overly concerned about his lack of party wear. He no longer fits the cute little jeans and shirt and tie combo he wore for his Christening 18 months ago. As it is soft play I may sort through and dig out his nicest items.

Of course, I may pop in to BHS and see what they have on sale in the Scruffy Joe range which is extremely desirable for little bears. I don't think I could bring myself to pay full price for something that is really just for a party, but I could be talked into buying something on sale.

And what on earth do I buy for a three year old girl? Who has probably got everything and it is all pink. I am sure inspiration will strike in due course.

3 comments:

J's Mummy said...

You can never go wrong with colouring stuff as a present. And for a soft play party Little bear will be fine in jeans and a tshirt. It's a big moment when that first invitation arrives. Then the others follow and it start getting expensive! LOL

Morgan said...

Totally agree with Jack's mummy - don't go to the expense of a party outfit; let him wear comfy clothes which he likes! As for presents, colouring stuff or a book would be my suggestions too. Start keeping your eyes open for packs of books or things which can be split up - The Book People do some excellent value packs of books which cost £10 for 10 picture books, for example, and then they have RRP £5.99 each on the back - and they are often from excellent publishers like Walkers. One of those books would be fine for a gift.

Hugs
Morgan
x

Wannabe Sybil said...

Bless you both - I think colouring stuff will be brilliant! I may splash out on some newer than 'new to him' clothes or I may just check through what he has got - he has some beautiful stuff!

Morgan - stocking up on packs seems to me a VERY good idea. I imagine that there will be a lot more of these parties on the way! WS x