Monday 20 June 2011

Another disaster

The freezer door has been ajar. At some time it was left open and then shut again. It is likely to have been me, although little bear has been getting ice lollies from there.

Today I defrosted some mince. It looked fine from the outside so I chopped up the last of the leeks and some onion and snipped up some sun dried tomatoes to go in with the mince. Except when I tipped the mince into the pan and started to break it up, the mince was green inside.

Yeurk!

So we had tinned corned beef with the mashed potato and peas.

I am not sure what to do now. I think I will be using as much from the freezer as possible, as some stuff may have gone in there after the defrost/refreeze event. The chicken joint we had yesterday was fine. Then when the freezer is empty I will defrost and then restock.

Also I shall look on my friend ebay for a freezer alarm.

No comments: