Thursday 23 June 2011

Little bear's new school

There was a meeting at little bear's school to be this afternoon. I wore proper, office style clothing for the first time since little bear was born. The ladder resistant tights were laddered within minutes - I am lethal to tights, though not to stockings. But I was wearing trousers so that was okay.

Actually, I had an epic fail when my trousers were too long and the sticky tape I used to turn them up (the shame) fell off so I was two minutes late getting to the school as it took me so long to find the black cotton before hemming them at frantic speed. I don't think I missed much.

Lots of mums and dads took time off work, lots of mums and dads made an effort to be there. It was nice, I think, but nothing was said that couldn't have been covered in a letter. It was all a bit flat. I winced a little at the uniform, I think it could get expensive.

Mind you, little bear had a good time on his extra afternoon at nursery, so there was a good point.

No comments: