Tuesday 28 June 2011

Temperature control

Little bear was not happy at bedtime. OH had gone out - how dare daddy have a life away from little bear. So he was trying it on. He had stories, he had songs, then he decided he was cold.

It is 25 degrees centigrade according to the thermometer on the landing, and little bear's room is far warmer. I was sceptical. I was also sweating and almost too warm to breathe.

Little bear 'shivered' and hugged his arms around him and demanded a blanket. I was even more sceptical. When snow is on the ground I can't keep a blanket on him. I suspect that this is to do with bedtime.

In fact, when I thought he was finally settled and went out on watering can duty, little bear followed me out and nice mr next door chased him back upstairs with many (mock) threats. Little bear was shrieking with laughter. I would be worried what the neighbours thought if it wasn't that he was the neighbours.

Darling father has pulled up all the parsley. I am a little sad. I wasn't using it, and I am not that keen, and the dried stuff is convenient, and the fresh stuff is easy to buy. But it had flowered and parsley has lovely green flowers, I was quite enjoying them. Mind you, the thyme had been overrun and I doubt we have seen the last of the mint.

No comments: