Sunday 19 June 2011

Castlegate Cottage, Castlegate

We stayed in Castle Cottage, Castlegate, Pickering. Again.

There are two reasons. The first reason is that getting OH to go anywhere on holiday can be a challenge. Now he has found somewhere he likes we are going back again and again and again. He likes it, and to be honest, so do I - it is a lovely base to go out or stay 'home'.

The second reason we are going there twice a year since little bear was in a travel cot is because it is lovely. It is definitely a step up from our place, with a dishwasher and dishes from M&S. It is a stone built cottage with an open fire. It doesn't matter what the temperature - we have a fire every night. As I have said before, it is only a few yards from the castle, near the market town's centre and just perfect (well, we can't get a signal for OH to get on the internet and one of us always ends up sleeping on the sofa, but apart from that, perfect)

I am a little embarrassed about how I left the cottage. I managed to have a brief wipe round the bathroom, washed up and swiped briefly. However I do feel I was at a disadvantage. Little bear woke up at six am - as per usual. And I was frantically trying to keep him quiet as the other two men needed their sleep. OH was driving and needed to be rested. Darling father had a hangover the size of Birkenhead, or if he didn't he ought to. Then I had to pack and clean between them coming downstairs and the check out time of 10am. I think I remembered to empty the fridge, but I am ashamed that I didn't get to clean the hearth. Especially as it had seen such service.

No comments: