Monday 20 June 2011

Oscar is bad

Oscar looks like the Basement Cat in the lolcats - he is large, dignified and completely black.

Last night I was hanging out washing when I heard some 'click, click' noises. I looked around but only saw Oscar, looking meditative and sitting on one of the bins.

I hung out a few more t-shirts and the clicking happened again. Oscar was still there, looking wise. Cats can look wise, but they aren't. They are just great at posing.

I put the last few things out and then turn round at more clicking - it is Oscar digging at the bin bags! Some kind soul has put their rubbish in our bin and the bin lid wouldn't close so Oscar was investigating.

Fortunately Oscar was too absorbed in his vandalism and thievery to notice me creeping up slowly. Then I whacked the lid of the bin (well away from the cat, I am far too soft) as hard as I could. Oscar bounced about two foot in the air and fled.

This morning the bin bags are looking quite intact. I don't think Oscar will have learned his lesson (he is colossally stupid) but it may protect them for a while.

No comments: