Friday 24 June 2011

Not this time

Cravendale Milk is running a promotion where if you collect enough codes from their 2litre packs you can get a free thingy, you choose from a cup, bowl etc.

I only just noticed this and I have four more days to buy and log three more 2litre bottles of milk. But I have six litres of Cravendale milk in the fridge anyway, and I do not want to do a delivery so that means lugging six kilos of stuff back from distant shops.

Cravendale milk does last for ages, usually at least a week after the sell by date if pushed, and we would use it. There is tea drunk by the gallon, cereal, little bear's milk shake and all the other little bits and pieces. But I do not have the energy to trudge around getting six more litres of milk before we need it just to get a free mug. Our cupboard is full of mugs. If I notice the next promotion in time, and if I am using it anyway, then I am happy to get free stuff. Otherwise I am not interested.

Besides, I haven't looked at the p&p costs. Those can often turn free into 'free' and WE HAVE NO ROOM for more china and crockery.

No comments: