Friday 3 June 2011

Timing is everything

There will be a slight gap in posting soon as I will be going on holiday in the next month or so. As my home is actually quite recognisable from anyone doing their homework, I like to be a bit vague about the dates. Also I can see me being v busy for the next week or so which will cut down my posts.

Evil cat will be on guard while we are away (if she can be bothered) and Mr Next Door will be keeping an eye out.

In a masterpiece of timing, as I dropped little bear off at nursery today I saw a notice that said that three children there already had confirmed chicken pox and can people not bring in sick children.

If I remember the incubation period for chicken pox is actually quite long, so depending on when little bear makes/made contact then he could remotely be in line to develop chicken pox just as we leave the house. Biology is one thing, but the awful inevitability of a child getting sick just before a holiday I think is a stronger law than anything Louis Pasteur formulated.

As we are only going to Pickering (again) we are not going into the wilds and calamine lotion is always possible. Sigh.

No comments: