Thursday 21 January 2010

Discretion is the better part of valour

I was sitting at the computer trying not to buy yarn when I heard some rustling behind me. I considered that it may be evil cat, then possibly mice. I ignored it. I believe that the mouse repeller is working with reasonable efficiency and I don't want to get involved with a demarcation dispute with evil cat.

Then I heard squeaking! How dare rodents come into my home and squeak! I got on my hands and knees, peered behind a chair and decided they were either in or behind a bookcase.

Then I realised something. Little bear was asleep (FINALLY!!!!). Dear heart had come home early poorly and was having a much needed sleep. If I did, by some outrageous stroke of luck manage to spot the invader my instinctive reaction would be - to scream! This would not be helpful. And even if I didn't scream I could not imagine me doing anything constructive - hit the poor creature with a hammer? Grab it? Corner it for evil cat to deal with?

I have come back to the computer and I am considering more yarn.

1 comment:

Sue @ Smiffy's Blog said...

That was a funny read! S x