Tuesday 12 January 2010

Spending again

Well, I have visited my friend, ebay, and purchased a small fan heater to heat the bathroom (from the landing - away from liquids) before little bear's baths, also a quick blast to heat any room but not as a way of keeping warm. Also a convector heater to replace the one that I had used to try and warm little bear's room, and the plug had become hot! That worried me. As the convector heater had not been hugely expensive and was fifteen years old, I was happy to replace. Then there was a replacement bedside lamp for me as little bear had finally finished off his so he is now using mine (extremely low energy, acts as a nightlight). And the scales to replace the ones that little bear broke.

Now I want to get a table lamp for near dear heart's seat. The odd way the room works means that even with quite a bright bulb in a white shade he can't really get enough light to read.

How hard is it to find a lamp? Well, all I will say is that I don't know what I want but I will know it when I see it. I have some wooden dragons on the wall - very fake Victorian gothic, but actually quite acceptable. I want something that will fit with those but not take up too much room - and the gorgeous black glass goblet was out because apart from the lack of light, I don't want little bear to be too close to a glass lamp.

And the Burleigh and Stronginthearm ones with carved ammonites that actully don't look dreadful are about £150 more than I would be willing to pay! Also some of the more elegant - I saw some I thought would be perfect, but I think I am being extravagant at allowing £25 for a lamp and these were £275 - two hundred and seventy five pounds.

I shall keep browsing

No comments: