Wednesday 27 January 2010

Shopping

Sue - you are exactly right about the bargains. I do most of my shopping online, but there are so many little tags saying 'bargain' that I am actually actively ignoring them.

How many are you buying for, Sue? I am only buying for me, dear heart, little bear and occasionally darling father. I am not including nappies in the total, but I will be using the grocery budget for evil cat's food.

When my ankle is a little better and the weather is a bit kinder, I plan to take little bear to the library on a Wednesday morning, and there is a butcher nearby so I plan to get my meat from there, if it proves to be reliable.

One of the hardest things I struggle with is that just because the label says 'bargain' it ain't necessarily so. Supermarkets fib. So often you can get the equivalent in the 'basics' or 'value' range so much cheaper. Also stockpiles are not always a good thing.

Next step is meal planning, but I think I will work up to that.

2 comments:

Sue @ Smiffy's Blog said...

Hi ya, we have 4 in our household -
hubby, daughter(13), son
(9) and me! Also got a cat, hamster and tropical fish. Luckily, we don't smoke and don't really drink..just the odd glass of wine or bottle of beer. Neither kids have school dinners - so packed lunches to come out of that too. Sue x

Sue @ Smiffy's Blog said...

I tend to get all my shopping from one shop as I am at work in the day and don't really feel like going to green grocers or butchers at the end of the day or weekend. I know it would probably be cheaper if I did. S x