Thursday 21 January 2010

Little bear is not lively

Little bear is doing wonderful ghost impressions - tired white face, big dark eyes and drifting around in a daze. He is also being v awkward about eating and drinking. So far he has managed some chocolate milk shake.

Poor little mite. I bundled him upstairs in a desperate hope he would have a nap. He has been playing quietly, which is almost as good. He told me completely piteously that he was hungry.

Ever felt like a bad mother?

I was standing looking at him. He was looking absolutely completely exhausted. He needed a nap. As for the hungry, I had been trying to coax him for an hour to eat more than a spoonful of custard that he described as 'tasty'. He was probably hungry. However it was likely that once he got downstairs he would continue to not rest and not eat. So I left him.

Once he realised that he was not going back down he waved me off, impatient to play with his cars. I have been sitting here in a guilt trip ever since.

Now I need to go and drag him downstairs and try and convince him to just have something

Well, he has asked for weetabix, and then not eaten it. He has asked for yoghurt, and then not eaten it. He has asked for soup, toast, sandwiches and treats - and then not even tasted them. I am racking my brains on this one.

No comments: