Saturday 23 January 2010

A Knock on the Door

Dear Heart had retreated to bed.

There was a knock on the door - I had forgotten that I had booked the gasman to service the boiler (routine) today. He came, took pity on my foot, did the boiler (I think - out of sight), tried to fix a radiator, accidentally turned off the television and confirmed that the boiler was in excess of twenty years old and in need of scrappage. He was very nice.

I daren't try and get the television on - it is dear heart's pride and joy. It is solely up to him to sort anything out.

Little bear 'helped'. I have banished him to play in his room as, for one reason and another, I have run out of ability to cope. He sounds like he is having a marvellous time and judging by the yawns he may even nap, so I am only feeling mildly guilty.

I know plan to go away and rest.

No comments: