Friday 15 January 2010

Shopping

I started writing this post three days ago, but little bear hears the sound of keys tapping and 'want to play letters' ie type on the keyboard.

Sigh.

I've not done very well so far this month in keeping my grocery bills down. Everything seems all hit and miss, and I can't seem to get into a stride. Most of my spends are the Sainsbury delivery, once per week. Except there has been too much weather. One delivery was cancelled and then another was a lot more than I wanted to spend but I got stocked up on some things. Then dear heart picked some stuff up at Makro, including 48 tins of baked beans, which has thrown me out even more.

Now I don't know with the next order whether to stock up a little more or less, what to order, what to leave off... Then at some time in the next week or so is my birthday, which I suppose I ought to get something in for, but I can't really be bothered. I want to get in lots of fruit and veg, but I don't want any going to waste...

I am determined that I will actually start again in February and by the start of Feb I will do a real audit of what is in and what needs to be used up.

2 comments:

Sue @ Smiffy's Blog said...

Hi there, I'm the same with my shopping this month. Because of the bad weather I'm all over the place too. But I am hoping to come in under my usual monthly spend by around £150 as I felt I was spending way to much money and food was getting thrown away as it doesn't always get eaten..Unfortunatly, I am a real sucker when I go to the s/market and will buy almost anything if it is on offer BUT my new years res. is that I have got to take control of my spending...and I am really trying. Hope Little Bear perks up very soon Sue x x

Wannabe Sybil said...

I am not doing so well this month, but keep telling myself it will get better.

I use getting a delivery to control costs - I keep putting all the things on that I need, and then the night before I take anything not essential off - more or less! I am still spending far too much. It is how random I get and the huge instinct I have to stock up. And resisting special offers - that is almost impossible!!! WS x