Tuesday 5 January 2010

Evil cat suffers

Evil cat has something of a problem. She is not happy about all this cold business. Now she is in a house, with double glazing, relatively warm and with a very dense coat. She is not in a shed with a draft and central freezing.

Today, as little bear was in nursery and darling father and I were not doing anything in particular, I didn't put the central heating on. We just had the (quite effective) gas fire on in the living room.

So evil cat wanted to be in the living room. But that was where little bear was. And little bear kept chasing evil cat...

Darling father and myself kept wearily repeating to little bear to 'leave that poor cat alone' without significant effect. On the other hand, it did seem something of a demonstration of karma as evil cat behaved exactly like little bear to our old tom cat. It was very hard for me to feel sympathy for her as she had dished so much out in the past.

2 comments:

Hard up Hester said...

I can remember my Mum telling me 'The cat will scratch you if you don't leave her alone' I didn't, she did & I got no sympathy from Mum, just 'I told you' I left the cat alone from then on.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Lol! I have tried and tried to convince little bear to 'leave that poor cat alone' and he has been scratched at least three times - though spread over a long period of time.

He has learned to stay well back from the claws and just shriek and miaow at evil cat. He is also, I think, copying another child at the nursery who pretends to use a light sabre. He waves his arm and makes swishing noises. At the cat. Who is unimpressed. Lol WS x