Friday 29 January 2010

Worried

Darling father rang. He sounded so low and so beaten down. He said he wasn't coming up for a few weeks, which is a blow.

He sounded like he was calling from a phone box. I haven't been able to get through to him on his phone. I don't know if he is staying at home or what.

Darling father is a character, but I suppose looking at his past performances I think there is an element of mental illness there. He is either king of the world, lashing the cash or shut down and stony broke. He has always got himself into such pickles, and often speaking or acting without thinking.

He won't tell me what is going on - I'm his little girl and I think he still counts me as around 12. Of course I am worried sick. I wish I knew what was going on - I could probably make a joke of it, or just take it in my stride. As it is I feel so lost. I just wish I could do something.

1 comment:

Marybelle said...

I hope Darling Father is ok, please post and let us know. I'm sure all the regular followers of your blog will be wishing the same. Try not to worry - easy for me to say (I am the world'd worst!), but take heart from all the well wishers on here. xx