Monday 4 January 2010

A pause

Darling father is at the Hangover Arms. Little bear is at nursery (he was even acting shy - unheard of!) and all is quiet.

Earlier darling father went through the slippy, icy snow and got a paper. Little bear was looking out of the window. 'Slip!' he announced. 'Grandad slip!'

I looked out of the window - no sign. Perhaps he had fallen and couldn't get up. In agonies of apprehension I skidded (literally) out of the house and checked. He was fine. Little bear had been imagining things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crikey I cant believe your father is still with you.I find that after a day of my family visiting I am more than ready for them to go home so you must have the patience of a saint

Wannabe Sybil said...

Darling father is something of a character, a hero with little bear, a very spry 78 and likely to be moving in with us!!!!!!!

Oh, and three and one half bottles of whisky since 22 Dec.

It is likely to be worth blogging about lol!