Tuesday 26 January 2010

Spending!

I have sent off for a Lakeland order - various bits and bobs. A lot of it is indulgence, but I am prepared to allow that.

Now I am setting myself a tough (for me) target - no ebay, Lakeland or Approved Food until April 1st. I considered this, and thought - what if I need to get something for little bear? Well, he has a clothes mountain, mounds of toys and more crayons and pens than most playgroups. It is hard to see how he could need anything.

What if I need something? Hmm, I have plenty of clothes, I don't really wear makeup, the usual sanitary products come under the grocery bill and it will be remarkably good for our storage if I don't buy any more clutter online.

What if the house needs something? Well, at the moment it needs a new boiler and that is rather a good thing to think about if I am tempted. I think after posting this I will get the fixings for a handrail from ebay, then that will be that.

My reward - I have wanted a storm kettle for a long time, they are expensive and completely without any justification. However it is good bait! I have wanted it for so long, and not bought because of the total lack of necessity, that it is a good target.

I am also aiming to keep total weekly grocery spend from 1 Feb to under £75, which is so much compared to the real experts, but a good target. If I manage to keep up to that for two months then I get a dvd that I want. Savings from one week get carried over to the next so I can bulk buy from Makro at times.

Wish me luck

1 comment:

Sue @ Smiffy's Blog said...

You couldn't resist could you! lol. Good luck with grocery bill. This month I manged to come in at around £450 on food - usually I donate around £650 to the supermarkets!..so I am really proud of myself. For Feb I shall try to do the same or slightly less. I am trying to only go to the shops once a week (or order on-line) as I go in for bread and the next thing I've spent £30 on all the offers that I don't really need BUT they are a bargain! It's hard but I am really trying!. Sue x