Saturday 27 October 2012

Being brave

I have been trying to work on the sequel to Forgotten Village.  Yesterday I fought it to a near standstill, I am at 20,000 words.  However, knowing that the story was fighting back, I sat back and thought about the actual structure of what I had written. 

So I am going to junk the 20,000 words and start again.  It is really, really hard, but I would rather I wrote something good than something scratched together.  And there is a silver lining.  When I start again I can at least start with the formatting that Smashwords like which will save me a great deal of pain.  It's not much of a silver lining, but it is all I have at the moment, so I will take it. 

4 comments:

Morgan said...

I'm looking forward to this when you have written it - the EFG and I enjoyed the Forgotten Village xx

Wannabe Sybil said...

The idea is still the same - the Time Team visiting the Forgotten Village, what could possibly go wrong? I am determined to get there, and thank you for your kind words. It is a massive hug at a bit of a self indulgent low point. Thank you WS xxx

Morgan said...

I re-read the Forgotten Village on the EFG's kindle whilst we were away - still loved it, and looking forward to more...

Wannabe Sybil said...

Thank you - you have no idea how much that means to me. WS xxx