Monday 1 October 2012

Take the opportunity

I am taking a rare moment on the computer today.  Little bear is still off poorly.  This means that he is currently hogging the computer watching you tube tutorials for minecraft. 

I am forcing him to take regular breaks and he will probably be fine tomorrow, but it is actually giving me an unexpected opportunity.  It is an opportunity to catch up.  I have finished sewing the second cushion for the living room (to match the waste paper bin) and I have plans to finish off a knitting project if possible.  And I am also taking the opportunity to get a few bits sorted. 

For example, I have cleared out a cupboard and had almost finished a part of the worktop that had been mounded up with stuff.  I am throwing a lot of stuff out.  For example, I have got rid of a Christmas cake that darling father brought in this time last year.  I don't particularly care for it, neither does OH, nor darling father, nor little bear.  That Christmas cake has squatted on my worktop and stared at me for a year.  It is now gone.  I've rearranged a few bits, sorted a few bobs, and I am well into my second bin sack.

On one level the amount of stuff going out that was once edible is biting at me.  It is an awful waste.  On the other hand there is less than there has been, and also I am saying, 'I have made a mistake, it is okay, pick up the pieces and keep going, just like in everything else'. 

Actually admitting I have made a mistake and that I won't be superwoman and use up all the stuff is so liberating, I feel quite giddy!  Now for the hardest trick - learning from my mistake.  That means being careful what I order from Approved Food, being careful what I order from the supermarket, and being meticulous in getting items used up.  And forgiving myself mistakes!


No comments: