Wednesday 31 October 2012

I need a new strategy

I can tell that little bear is coming down with something gruesome.  He will be green nosed and suffering probably just in time to get back to school.  One of the key clues is when he starts acting up outside the house.  He doesn't need an excuse with his nearest and dearest but (though I say so myself) his company manners are pretty good.

So we had battled through Asda at half term, and M&S at half term, and we were waiting for a bus and little bear was white faced, dark eyed and bouncing up and down yelling, 'Billy Bonkers! Billy Bonkers!' while I tried to hide behind a carrier bag.

Fortunately little bear was impeccable on the bus as the man sitting in front of me announced loudly how much he hated kids shouting and messing around and he blamed the parents.  However he got off the bus before us, nearly incandescent that he had not been able to complain about anything.  I was so relieved.

So I know little bear will come down with something soon, like a completely disgusting cold or cough, as is the nature of 5 year olds in October.  It is like taxes - there is no escape!  But I will be on pins, watching for it, only relaxing when it finally appears.  But nothing is likely to happen as a result of all that fretting.  I need to learn to chill until the green nose actually appears. 

I was doing the same with evil cat.  She is seriously scabby around the back of her neck.  And I know that that could mean problems grooming - and that is not good for cats.  On the other hand, I have been fretting about evil cat's health for years and she is doing very well, thank you.  I think I will just 'enjoy' her and wait and see what happens.  She doesn't seem too bothered, so I shall take a cue from her.

I cannot think of anything remotely useful about borrowing trouble.  So I will practice just dealing with what I have in front of me.

No comments: