Monday 22 October 2012

Weather

There is nothing I love more than grumbling about the weather.  I love complaining about it being too hot, too cold, too windy, too rainy - thank goodness for the British weather, there is always something to grumble about. 

At the moment, outside the window, it is too dry for an umbrella but without one you get wet.  There is always a bright side, though, as darling father put in a lot of winter pansies over the weekend and I don't need to go and water them.

However I watched Countryfile last night and there were mutters about snow.  I hate snow.  I loathe and detest it.  I sort of tippytoe on snow, convinced at any second I am going to slip and damage myself.  To be fair, I have dislocated four shoulders so far, so I think I need to be realistic.  I will have to take little bear to school in the snow, and there is no way to get there that doesn't involve a steep slope, which irrationally terrifies me.  Last year I was affected one day, or perhaps two.  And despite the vague mutterings of snow, it is very unlikely to reach us before Christmas.  It doesn't mean that I look forward to the prospect, however.

Regardless, I can still find a bright side.  What a great opportunity to go through the cupboards and work out what you need to stock up on!  In my case, not a lot, but it is the principle that counts. 

No comments: