Friday 5 October 2012

Tyrannical mother

Little bear has become very attached to minecraft, playing it with OH and watching it on YouTube.  Today I have been happy to let him.  It is an inset day and little bear is sooooooooo tired that I am happy to let him get away with lots of computer time.  Okay he has had breaks and a little walk, and he has finished all his homework but he has clocked up quite a bit chunk of computer time today. 

As I have been hovering (little bear has been on the computer, of course I have been hovering), and a fruity bit of language came on.  I shrieked, 'Don't you dare say anything like that!'  Little bear just gave me a Look.  He has probably heard a lot worse in the playground.  Thinking about it, he has probably heard a lot worse from OH who doesn't actually swear that much.  However I decided to follow up that Some Words are Not Said in front of Parents. 
'If you say anything like that, I will get a big bar of green soap and I will wash your mouth out, right to the back teeth.'  I said firmly.  Darling father was there, and he had used a similar threat years ago to me when I was the same age.  He backed me up to the hilt, 'They have special soap for boys who say rude words and it tastes awful.'

For a split second little bear considered my disciplinary record, my level of strictness and how exacting I could be, then he fell about laughing.  He has got me completely worked out.  The world's softest mum.   I have no chance. 

(and no, of course I wouldn't wash his mouth out with soap, but his computer time would vanish to nothing!)

No comments: