Wednesday 10 October 2012

Still here

I am still here, grumbling mainly about a massive pain in my hip, but doing anything is really tough atm. 

However I have ordered a dishwasher.  I have put this off and off and off.  But OH can't wash up, I definitely don't trust little bear, and I don't like darling father on the steps down to the kitchen.  From next Monday we shall be a dishwasher household.  It is going to be a tiny, table top one, but it is at least a help. 

I am also trying to get ahead with the ironing.  Every time I go downstairs to the kitchen for any reason I iron something.  If I feel like it, I carry on.  If I don't feel like it, I stop.  But hopefully it will get me a bit further along. 

I now need to work out how to get the house as minimalist as possible in my current condition, and once it is there I need to work out strategies to keep it that way.  Some people manage this without thinking.  I envy them.  However I can at least aim to get there. 

Looking back over my blog, this is a recurring theme.  However in my defence I would say that the house now has a lot less in it, quite a lot less.  Many places are far more organised and easy to use.  I have made informed decisions about what to keep and what to throw - and gone with it.  My lack of energy is letting me down, and I focus less than I should, but I will get there. 

My mindset is currently changing.  More and more I am refusing to buy things 'because' (not always, but getting there), and when I was browsing yarn in a low moment yesterday, I couldn't bring myself to buy any.  This is a really good step forward. 

I am feeling cautiously optimistic. 

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Glad to hear that you think the dishwasher will help - sorry to read about the pain in your hip, though. You have enough to cope with at the moment!

Hope you are still having some duvet days xxx