Thursday 4 October 2012

Miracle Recovery

Little bear is still a bit under the weather.  It is at a level of 'mum worries' and not 'doctor notices' but he is still that bit tired, that bit run down.  Last night I dragged him to piano lessons (not going well, this will not hurt him), then we did the supermarket shop which was trying as little bear was away with the fairies and needed steering all the time, and then home.  Then bless him he bounced and jumped and kicked and punched (as in, practicing martial arts, he was as loving as usual to us) and fell over shot all the way through the bed time routine.  He was asleep in record time. 

Until 11pm.  I heard a bit of a cry over the intercom as I was getting ready for bed and went upstairs to check.  Little bear was just surfacing but in five minutes he was sobbing in pain.  Poor little mite, he was clutching at his ankle and crying out, it hurt so much.  I dosed him with calpol, gave him massive cuddles, checked his ankle as best as I could and went and got OH as little bear was now crying for his daddy. 

We cuddled and fussed and checked the ankle.  There was no swelling or redness and it seemed to be moving fine, as much as little bear could bear us to touch and move it.  He was absolutely beside himself, telling us he had twisted his ankle in morning playtime.  He was suffering so much he could barely sit still.  In the end OH carried him downstairs so he could sleep on the sofa, near me.  Once there I cuddled and fussed and joked and gently calmed him down.  He cuddled down to sleep again around midnight.

About half an hour later he bounced in, happy to wake me up to tell me that his ankle was fine.  This morning he was fine going to school.  Not a problem, the ankle was doing great.  So now I know I need to watch out for cramp in the ankle. 

As a over fussing mum, he is still quite run down and I will be encouraging him to take it really easy tomorrow as he is off on a training day.  Not too easy - he will be helping darling father in the garden, and there should be at least one little walk.  But he is still clingy, for him, and wanting lots of cuddles.  I can manage that. 

No comments: