Wednesday 17 October 2012

My head hurts

I have discovered Smashwords.  They also publish online, for free.  It does look very promising and they also distribute to Apple itunes etc. 

However I am now hip deep in legal jargon, tax implications and trying to work out what I can publish where.  I have a headache.  I worked in the fringes of the legal profession for years and had no problem with application of theory and processing the actual bits of paper.  The reason why I didn't go into the legal profession is because the law books make my brain dribble out of my ears. 

So I am going to be checking my agreement with Kindle, checking what is allowed with whom and then, if possible, reformatting to publish on Smashwords as well.  The formatting appears quite strict - rules about indents and trailing paragraphs and font size and such - easy stuff if you have played with wordprocessing programmes as much as I have.  I may eat my words later, but I am determined to get just a little bit further. 

So posts on here may be sparse, but I will be back and update. 

And also, THANK YOU!!!!! for all the help and support and encouragement from everyone here.  It is very much appreciated. 

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Go for it, Sybil - your brain will recover!!

Wannabe Sybil said...

I am on page 35 out of 108 of the Style Guide. It could be worse. The computer is all lovely and mended. Thank you again for the encouragment. WS xxx