Tuesday 30 October 2012

The only one in the house

I feel so special, because in this household I am the only person ever to be able to put a loo roll on the holder.  Not only that, I am even more special because I am the only person who can open the curtains.  We aren't overlooked but it is nice to close the curtains at night.  However I am the only person in the household who can open the downstairs curtains, and while darling father does open his curtains, all bets are off for any other window above the ground floor. 

I am also the only person in existence who can turn little bear's night light off, though plenty can turn it on, and if OH covers the night shift and I don't have a chance to check, it can stay lit until lunch time.  Next to the closed curtains that apparently only I can open.

Some things only I can close as well.  To my frustration, we do not have double glazing in the two small windows in the porch so the draught from there can be cruelly cold.  Of course if you shut the door between the porch and the living room then it is a great deal warmer - but apparently only special people can manage that.  Or in this case, me. 

And as we have our meals in the living room which is a flight of stairs away from the kitchen, OH helps bring the food up, but taking it down, well, that is left to the same person who does all the special jobs, and that of course includes washing up - although OH is enjoying the dishwasher.  Do not get me started about ironing.  And don't even talk about pairing up socks.

On the other hand, I do get huge quantities of cuddles, and  on the whole, I think I am the lucky one, I certainly wouldn't change it for the world, not if it meant losing the cuddles!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pairing up socks! Don't even get me started! Have resolved that from now on all socks must now either be absolutely identical or utterly different - cannot believe the time I waste matching or rather failing to match pairs upon pairs of vaguely similar pink socks!