Wednesday 24 October 2012

Email grumbles

Someone in the USA has a similar email address to me.  Or someone has just put down a random email address which actually belongs to me.  Or both.  Because I am getting so much spam from over the Atlantic that has nothing to do with me. 

What is even more irritating is that they seem to be having a nicer life than me.  They associate with firemen.  They subscribe and support their local museum.  They volunteer to help out at kiddies' parties and I have to email back saying things like, 'I hope this isn't urgent, as you have the wrong address...'

The latest one is a nice email from a dentist in Portland, Oregon, confirming an appointment.  I am a huge fan of Grimm, I love the look and feel of the setting of Portland.  However I don't think I could raise the vast sum of money just to get there, let alone the cost of any treatment.  And my (actually very lovely) dentist is still reluctant to treat me until my heart problems are sorted as she doesn't want me to expire on the premises.  I can see her point of view but I am still getting toothache.  The dentist in Portland had its attractions. 

And I probably wouldn't bump into Monroe, and that would be so disappointing.

No comments: